- Rangers came out flat and stayed that way throughout this entire contest. They seemed to be disengaged all night, made very sloppy passes, didn't win enough puck battles and were not able to sustain any offensive pressure most of the game.
- Give credit where credit is due; The Islanders worked hard for 60 minutes and were very aggressive against the Rangers, which seemed to disrupt them all game. The Isles' record (2-4-5) doesn't reflect how well they've played at times.
- Dwaye Roloson was not tested very much all night. However, he owes the post & crossbar a steak dinner: 5 posts hit by the Rangers which could have been goals and a different game altogether.
- Congrats to P.A. Parenteau getting his 1st NHL goal tonight. He subbed in adequately for Marian Gaborik.
- Enver Lisin made a lot of Rangers fans frustrated tonight, ringing a shot off the crossbar and whiffing on some quality scoring chances.
- One of the few games this season were the Rangers PP was ineffective.
- Sean Avery won't be able to sleep good tonight, failing to bury a tap-in goal late in the 3rd. While he's tossing and turning, he should figure out how to be an effective, in-your-face player again.
- Allowing the opposing team to win 36 face-offs is not a recipe for a win.