Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Commun-ast Cable & Internet; Serving No One But Themselves



If you're looking at my blog and wondering "what the hell is going on here?', then good stick around because it's only going to get better. I have to write today about the glorious cable company known as Comcast, who unceremoniously "shut out" myself and other DirecTV subscribers from watching VS' telecast on the Rangers Devils game last night.

I was about ready for the game last night, pumped as I could ever be as the 2 cross-river rivals were about to engage in full scale hockey war. They did; unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch within the confines of my home. The reason? Comcast, who is the largest competitor to DirecTV, believes it is the next Monopoly and, according to DirecTV itself, is "demanding unfair and outrageous increases in fees to air Versus." This means the deep-pocketed Comcast would rather increase their wealth and value and rob from their customers. Let's not get started on their product itself; which I'm sure other cable companies giggle at knowing they're superior to them. And, let's not pass up Comcast's exemplary "customer service," which is depicted in the picture below.


According to DirecTV, they are still negotiating to resolve Comcast attempts at piracy and compromise at a fair price to have Versus aired at some point. I hope a intelligible resolution is made sooner rather than later; the Rangers have 7 more games on the OLN Versus network this season.

No comments: