Friday, October 9, 2009

Gaborik, Rangers KO Caps

The New York Rangers were able to edge the Washington Capitals 4-3 on Thursday night. For full game recaps check out Rangers.NHL.com



My Thoughts:
- Unfortunately, due to work, I missed all the 1st period and most of the 2nd so I will try to blog to the best of my abilities as to what I actually did see.

- What can be said about Marian Gaborik that hasn't been said already; simply a world-class talent. 2 crucial goals to lift the Rangers to a win they more than likely would not have gotten last season.

- Ryan Callahan is what every hockey player should strive to be in terms of character. After being questionable to play because of a injury in practice, Callahan gutted it out and scored a goal purely on hard-work and determination. What a player the Rangers have. 

- If not for some quick, acrobatic saves by Jose Theodore, the Rangers could have had another 3 goals easily....mainly Christopher Higgins, who had a offensive epiphany of sorts.

- The Capitals are extremely dangerous. They are always difficult to play against simply because they have an abundance of YOUNG offensive weapons.

- I'm still shaking my head at the Backstrom goal Lundqvist let in. It was a fluke and I'm sure Henrik will make sure it never happens again.

- 4 games in to the season, Michael Del Zotto looks more and more like a keeper.

- Memo to the Rangers: do NOT take stupid penalties or Tortorella will speak to you about. Ask Aaron Voros.
---------------------------------
Next game is Sunday 5:00pm home against the Anaheim Ducks

No comments: