Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Shea Goodbye, You Didn't Deserve This...

Sorry for not posting in a while, it's been pretty hectic around here. With the Ranger pre-season games, work, and of course, the glorious 2nd Mets collapse in 2 years. 

Let me comment on this...

- The Mets owe their entire fan base a sincere apology for absolutely going out and gagging the final 7 games at Shea, ever. Its a disservice to any fan who puts their entire soul into a team that some of the members could care less of the outcome. 

- Who was the genius that decided to have the final Shea ceremonies AFTER the game and not before it? It's one thing to have it after a game maybe in August or in the beginning of September. But, on the last game of the year that could decide a playoff berth, and if you lose you go home?!?!?! Utter nonsense...

-Fred Wilpon, cut me a break. You have the audacity to come out a day after your team proved what a bunch of choke-artists they really are and say your team OVERachieved??? This team was built for a Championship! You underachieved...big time!!

I'm a Mets fan and the quotes I've read and just the overall state of this team sickens me to my core. I'm glad their season is over and I'm looking forward to change in the off-season. The core of the team needs an extreme facelift. The face of the franchise needs to be cleansed of the mess it has stumbled upon. You CANNOT come back in 09, in a new stadium, with the same team.

Until next time...

No comments: