Monday, September 21, 2009

2-Game Wrap Up

In their last 2 games, the New York Rangers were defeated by the Detroit Red Wings 4-3 on Friday night and were victorious over the Boston Bruins 5-2 on Saturday. For full game re-caps, click here and here.

NYR/DET:


- Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch this game or catch any highlights so I will not be commenting on it.


NYR/BOS:
- For a preseason affair, this was a very solid game to watch. There was solid play, a nasty edge to it, and fights. What more could you want?


- Speaking of fights, apparently Aaron Voros doesn't read blogs online. I beg of you Aaron, stop fighting....


- This was the first game where the Rangers actually played 60 minutes of Tortorella hockey and not waiting till the 3rd period to respond. 


- I sound like a broken record, however, who were arguably the 2 biggest standouts from the game? Gilroy and Del Zotto. Especially Del Zotto, he looked poised QB'ing the PP today and set up a beauty of a goal by Ales Kotalik. Wait, did I say PP goal?! New York got its 1st PP goal of the preseason. It lives!


- This was sort of a make-or-break game for P.A. Parenteau, whose fighting for a roster spot. His goal certainly helps him, although, I still think he remains on the edge of making the team or starting the year in Hartford.


- Sean Avery owns.


- Finally, I leave you with this.


With this highlight reel goal, and the dandy he scored in Detroit, Artem Anisimov seems to have found his offensive touch. I think he's taken serious strides to making the big club this season. I hope there's more goals like that to come.

Next game: Mon Sep 21 vs. DET 7:00pm

j.M.w

No comments: