Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It Is Alive!!

After a month long hiatus, I think its time to get back to this blogging thing I do...

By the way, I have debuted a new radio show at my University called The Neutral Zone with my classmate James Peterson. It'll be primarily Hockey talk with other sports mixed in. So, expect lots of tid-bits to complement the show. Hopefully we don't make fools of ourselves, either. 

As for the Rangers, their season begins tonight at the garden against The Gale Force Winds...eh, excuse me Hurricanes. Forget the hot start they had. Forget the defense's struggles early on. Forget it all. What matters now is what the Rangers do from here on out. Under perform and they're out. Play solid hockey and they'll be in the playoffs. They have the benefit of being in a better position than the last 2 years at this point in the season. However, they don't Have Jaromir Jagr, Brendan Shanahan, and Sean Avery on the team.

My x-factor for the rest of the season is Nik Zherdev. If he can start to put the puck in the back of the net consistently, he'll open up space for other players and give the Rangers the offensive threat they desperately need.


Until next time...

J.W.

No comments: