Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Step Away For One Second....

See what happens when I take a week off in between posts? A pitiful 6-3 loss to Vancouver, a troublesome 4-1 beating by the hands of Ottawa, followed by a decisive 4-1 win over Phoenix. You'll be rest assured knowing I'll be posting every hour on the hour if it means the Rangers play well.

Quick Hits...

- This Scott Gomez guy is pretty good, eh? I think Valeri Kamensky might have a say in that... Scott Gomez was more than good for the Blueshirts Mon. night, he was EXACTLY what the team needed and it showed. Logged the most ice-time by forwards, 19 of 23 on draws (17-1 at one point). As I'm saying this, Jim Ramsay is reading a book on the magical healing powers of exotic plants & ankle injuries. He borrowed it from Terrell Owens.

- Nice to see Brandon Dubinsky bounce back after a month-long decline in play and a lengthy 14-game goal drought. On my radio show last Thursday, I hinted at how concerning his poor play was and it seemed, to me, that he was tuning our Tom Renney a bit. Not by choice, however, but by sheer frustration at his own play. Nothing like a Gordie Howe hat trick (goal, assist, and a fight) to rejuvenate your game, right Brandon??

Rangers will hope to contain the Lightning in a bottle known as their top 5 ranked D tonight as they square off with Tampa Bay in their final match-up of the year. It's not even December and the Rangers are finished with Tampa Bay. I wish we could say the Rangers were finished with tougher teams like Buffalo but I'd be pushing my luck too much.

Until next time...

J.W.

No comments: