- This is one of those games you want to forget as quickly as possible. Burn the tapes and pretend it never happened. Good thing the Rangers play tomorrow night.
- With Wade Redden out, rookie D Bobby Sanguinetti made his NHL debut. Trenton’s own has a good amount of work still left to do to be a mainstay in the NHL.
- Marian Gaborik and Vinny Prospal were held scoreless.
- Maybe Marty St. Louis is the answer the Rangers’ offensive woes? I’m sure John Tortorella would make the case as the star LW had a 3 assist night and looked phenomenal.
- Speaking of phenomenal, Steven Stamkos is the real deal and a future star in the NHL.
- Henrik Lundqvist was pulled in this game after the 4th Tampa Bay goal. No need to subject him to further humiliation and potential runs from the opposition.
- The only positive to take from this game is that Ryan Callahan scored his 1st goal in 8 games on a pretty feed from Artem Anisimov. Hopefully, this can kick start his offensive game.
Next Game: Right back at it Saturday 7:30pm in Pittsburgh to start a home-and-home.